[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
FAQ: Montana Paint Varieties? ( [Expand] [RevSort] )
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
  18 Jan 07 01:43 AM | Edit Reply | Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
There's different brands of paint and we've all got our flavour of choice, but what I'm curious about is Montana paint.
I was looking at the Overkill shop and they stock all sorts of different Montana paints;
-Montana Black
-Montana Gold
-Montana Platinum
-MTN Hardcore
-Montana Spider
-Aerosol Proline
-Aerosol Bombing
-Montana Teeror
-Montana TripleXLarge

Could anyone explain what the deal is?
What's the difference between Montana Black and MTN hardcore?
What's so special about Montana Gold/Platinum?

The site explains a bit, but I was hoping someone with experience of it could shed some light on this question.
I'd order a can of each for myself, but I'd rather ask my fellow writers for their tips and spend my cash a bit more sensibly, I don't want to be wasting money on shit I don't need.
  18 Jan 07 12:57 PM | Edit Reply | Montana Paint Varieties?
Medatm
43 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
OTD wrote:
There's different brands of paint and we've all got our flavour of choice, but what I'm curious about is Montana paint.
I was looking at the Overkill shop and they stock all sorts of different Montana paints;
-Montana Black
-Montana Gold
-Montana Platinum
-MTN Hardcore
-Montana Spider
-Aerosol Proline
-Aerosol Bombing
-Montana Teeror
-Montana TripleXLarge

The site explains a bit, but I was hoping someone with experience of it could shed some light on this question.
I'd order a can of each for myself, but I'd rather ask my fellow writers for their tips and spend my cash a bit more sensibly, I don't want to be wasting money on shit I don't need.

mtn and montana are different companies!

hardcore is the original monatana paint, its fat, fast and usually reliable!
monty black, is thinner than mtn hardcore, but coats almost just aswell.
gold has a brand new pressure system, which is perfect for peicin, but the lighter colours are pretty thin, still brilliant tho.
platnium is basically the 600ml version of gold, the chrome 600 is shit hot!!
spider as every1 knows is basically for weblike tags, kinda like caligraphy caps, but its the actual can!
Proline is just another Monster basically, but they have a gd colour scheme and, the lines are soft, which is nice for bombing!
Monty Teeror is jst Teerorschwarz, which as we all know is just like the molotow tar!!
a the triple xlarge is a 750 chrome beast, but u can get white and blacks aswell if im not mistaken!

hope i helped, and made sense lol!!

Meddo.
[Edited by Medatm on 18 Jan 07 12:58 PM]
[Edited by Medatm on 18 Jan 07 01:04 PM]
  18 Jan 07 04:35 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
Cheers, dude! Your reply really cleared things up.

To be honest, I'm not that keen on MTN Hardcore, I prefer Bombers Best, but perhaps I lack experience. Which do you guys favour out of the two, Bombers Best or MTN?
Of course, if you don't like either, I'd like to know what's so bad about them.

I guess I'm chatting more at the mo' because I'm a bit too busy to go out painting, but I'll have time again soon. Figured I'd take the time I've got now to get my facts straight on which paint to get next.
  18 Jan 07 04:59 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Medatm
43 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
eh doesnt really both me to be honest, ill use n e thing really!

mtn is usually good allround from trains to walls, it covers nicely in bad weather aswell!

belton does ok aswell!

best way is 2 figure it out urself, every1 has different prefrances!

Meddo.
  18 Jan 07 06:22 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Roast
139 Posts
EDINBURGH
Ignore User
Boom Brap Boom!!!!!
  18 Jan 07 06:30 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Feno
180 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
Roast wrote:
Boom Brap Boom!!!!!

Brap Boom Brap
  18 Jan 07 06:36 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Roast
139 Posts
EDINBURGH
Ignore User
Thats right friend.

Brap to tha boom brap!
  18 Jan 07 06:41 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
Quite so!
  19 Jan 07 01:27 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
vimto
83 Posts
yugoslavia
Ignore User
aside from all those funny noises, the vast array of paint types on the market is just a ploy to rob your pockets, i reckon just buy whats cheap within reason(nay holts car paint if you can avoid it!) and the rest is down to technique and maybe of course some fancy caps...
  19 Jan 07 02:19 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
Is Monster any good, by the way? Aside from there site, is there a site that stocks it cheaply?
  19 Jan 07 12:34 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
citylife
87 Posts
Edinburgh
Ignore User
OTD wrote:
Cheers, dude! Your reply really cleared things up.

To be honest, I'm not that keen on MTN Hardcore, I prefer Bombers Best, but perhaps I lack experience. Which do you guys favour out of the two, Bombers Best or MTN?
Of course, if you don't like either, I'd like to know what's so bad about them.

I guess I'm chatting more at the mo' because I'm a bit too busy to go out painting, but I'll have time again soon. Figured I'd take the time I've got now to get my facts straight on which paint to get next.

The ironic thing about your post is that bombers best and MTN hardcore are made in the same factory, an just use slightly different valve systems, the difference in which can be overcome by using a fatter or thinner cap.
peace
  21 Jan 07 02:43 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
dime1
31 Posts
tatooine
Ignore User
monster are cool to deal with. they do the monster paint along with the italian clash. both excellent.

your best bet is to just try loads out. find your favs.

i also like alien (small 250ml cans with low pressure, so you can get real fine detail with em)

bombers best is good high pressure stuff. put a fat cap & watch it blow!!
  21 Jan 07 02:44 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
dime1
31 Posts
tatooine
Ignore User
by the way: any one treid out sabotaz paint yet?????

any good??????
  21 Jan 07 03:12 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
I can't say I have tried it.

If I get hold of a load of Bombers Best (seems to be pretty cheap on illuminarty at the moment) and I want some low-pressure cans for detailed work, couldn't I just turn them upside down and spray out some of the propellant?
  21 Jan 07 02:25 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
killslay
100 Posts
The Shire
Ignore User
main difference between brands is that they do different colours, but if you're absolutely dead set against buying a certain brand you can always mix your own colour with mixing caps.
www.skinnycap.com do monster paints and clash, but postage costs means it usually ends up cheaper to get a train into Glasgow and buy my stuff from Shakewell.
  22 Jan 07 01:16 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
NEMS
244 Posts

Ignore User
Belton is nice to paint with but its a bit watery in comparison to monster which is really thick n gloopy if you dont shake it enough. im not really bothered with diffrent paints coz they all do the same thing. Citylife seems a good place to buy paint, i have not tried it but have heard good things.
  23 Feb 07 09:30 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
lupe
64 Posts
Clydebank
Ignore User
erm i think the best paint i have ever tried is definetely montana, the gold is just so pure man, like just the shit man.
clash is okay but i prefer monster cos its really glossy an good for when i cant get montana.
  24 Feb 07 07:00 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Dotse
32 Posts

Ignore User
there's abit of a history behind the Montana company(s).

Montana started out in Spain in the early 90s but somewhere in the end of that decade, the company split. Two companies were formed. One Montana stayed in Spain while the other Montana went to Germany.

Now the Montana Hardcore (and Alien) is the Spanish variety (and to me still the best Montana), and the German Montanas have Montana Black, Gold, Spider etc etc..

Dime1 - i've tried Sabotaz and it's great. The only problem i found is that it kindof peels off material that's not stone or brick. Bummer
  13 Mar 07 08:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
thewakkat
1 Post
London
Ignore User
ok ok ok, firstly you need to check out the montana site properly, second you should buy one of each and test them out...but to answer the question at hand, well they work at different pressures, some work better for tagging,e.g pocket-cans work best, some work better for bombing and that woud vary on what each writer likes to paint with, i my self, use platinum and black to bomb, but i will also use different stuff from time to time, i use those cans because the paint sticks, dries well, and covers well.I use gold when im doing a piece because the paint is like a powder coat colour and it covers and dries welll and works at a well high pressure. If you can, test each one and you will notice the difference, each one is unique for its purpose....peace
OTD wrote:
-Montana Black
-Montana Gold
-Montana Platinum
-MTN Hardcore
-Montana Spider
-Aerosol Proline
-Aerosol Bombing
-Montana Teeror
-Montana TripleXLarge

14 Mar 07 10:57 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
vimto
83 Posts
yugoslavia
Ignore User
for gods sake "i use so and so for this but not for that blah blah" what you not goin bombin if youve only got black monty? writers these days are spoit, its all just paint
  14 Mar 07 04:48 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
Personally, I like to use the right tool for the right job.
If there's a lot of choice of paint, perhaps there's something that'd be more effective, cheaper or whatever than what I currently used.

Also, plain ol' monkey curiousity.
  19 Mar 07 01:49 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Torch
62 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
For a toy its good to see ppl spraff about things that they didn’t know about. And just from this thread alone my knowledge on paint went up 84 points. You can kick kids to the curb for asking but that’s just not cricket [may just be found in yer hotel room dead, there is a greater power in movement lets be careful out there]
  19 Mar 07 06:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
I'm all for learning myself, but I've not got the cash, the time or the will to get hold of all the varieties of paint I see listed and try them out for the various styles they are and aren't intended for.

I'd share my "knowledge" except I know less than most of you, so that'd be fairly worthless.
It's nice that some people actually want to share what they know, rather than just bitch about how I wasn't born with an intimate knowledge of paint.
  20 Mar 07 01:31 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Torch
62 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
OTD wrote:
but I've not got the cash, the time

Ah you see time is a big thing, but plenty of coffee drugs coffee loud loud music coffee and timing seems to work. Money you have me there, but that’s what I love about graffiti : take art work from brazil those crazy cunts use anything to get their piece up n noticed but they have nothing. That’s why if you have the passion and love graffiti for being graffiti you will find a way. No passion and you ain’t got shit.
  20 Mar 07 04:40 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
Feno
180 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
don't compare the brazillian scene to scotland. Major differences like number of police who give a dam about graff,media attention on graff and such. In the uk graff writers are scum according to the media, we're also thugs and yobs because of what the media say. The police hate us here and pursue graff writers witha pycho passion brazils its completely different.
  20 Mar 07 05:06 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Montana Paint Varieties?
vimto
83 Posts
yugoslavia
Ignore User
he isnt comparing scenes really just pointing out you dont need £50 worth of paint to do a piece, for example writers in brazil dont have access to fancy paint types etc and so are more resourceful about what they use thats all, eg emulsion fills done with paint you found outline with some racked car paint, up for free, not sitting a home.
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest