[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
FAQ: What makes graff artists tick? ( [Expand] [RevSort] )
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
  20 Jan 05 09:58 PM | Edit Reply | What makes graff artists tick?
Christo
10 Posts

Ignore User
I'm studying graff for my course at uni and I'm trying to find out why artists do burners, tags etc. Crime or urban artform?
  20 Jan 05 10:03 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
reack
141 Posts
Stokieeeeeeee
Ignore User
Posted by Christo:I'm studying graff for my course at uni and I'm trying to find out why artists do burners, tags etc. Crime or urban artform?

im not very good but i do graffiti cos i enjoy it...same way some people like football or whatever. and wen you do something really good, or burn someone whos good, its make ya feel proud. and i think some graffiti is art, but a lot of its jus handstyles etc which are usually pretty ugly and are jus a way for the less arty people to get respect, handstyles are difficult to develop and get up with so i think it does show talent, but only to the people who are "in the know" with graffiti. well thats my opinion neway...
  20 Jan 05 10:23 PM | Edit Reply | What makes graff artists tick?
ELP
1138 Posts

Ignore User
Posted by Christo:I'm studying graff for my course at uni and I'm trying to find out why artists do burners, tags etc. Crime or urban artform?

it's fun, it's creative, it's productive, being able to "watch your name go by", the fact that people will look and your work and wonder who it really is behind the pseudonym, there is about a million reasons people may graff

but as for me

I was and still am an artist at heart and i was interested in graffiti for about 3 or 4 years before i actually started painting due to the fire being re-kindled after i saw style wars for the first time. the satisfaction after creating something that you can be proud of.

it's like any other hobby, it's enjoyable to strive for perfection and to get better at the skill.[Edited by ELP on 20 Jan 05 10:24 PM]
  21 Jan 05 12:55 AM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
achetwo
983 Posts
Edinburgh
Ignore User

Shit that's really original!
  21 Jan 05 10:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
bomstwo
87 Posts
weegie
Ignore User
yer right ther man shit that felt like it was straight from the heart n am sure it was

is the style file books the same as style wars and can u stil get style wars any ware
  21 Jan 05 10:33 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
taki183
586 Posts

Ignore User
Posted by bomstwo:yer right ther man shit that felt like it was straight from the heart n am sure it was

is the style file books the same as style wars and can u stil get style wars any ware

sorry man but pleas stop postin theis useless shit NO stylefiles are npt the same as stylewars i thought anyone could work out that and yes u can but am no tellin u where...
  22 Jan 05 12:29 AM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
toast1
182 Posts
AJYT
Ignore User
i like the whole seein ur name everywhere and the thought of other people noticin it, also the whole tryin to improve thing, workin on the pieces and the sketchin for ur next piece, but nothin can beat the fact that some poor bastard has got to wake up to their property being fucked up the next morning, pure quality
  22 Jan 05 01:02 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
MagnumPI
90 Posts

Ignore User
blastin foos wit gats
  22 Jan 05 08:58 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
ItsAllAboutTheStyle
525 Posts
AJ kats
Ignore User
Posted by toast1:
i like the whole seein ur name everywhere and the thought of other people noticin it, also the whole tryin to improve thing, workin on the pieces and the sketchin for ur next piece, but nothin can beat the fact that some poor bastard has got to wake up to their property being fucked up the next morning, pure quality
Like those darn pikeys, eh toastie?
  23 Jan 05 12:21 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
toast1
182 Posts
AJYT
Ignore User
Posted by ItsAllAboutTheStyle:
Posted by toast1:
Like those darn pikeys, eh toastie?
hahaha it was only one!! one damn caravan, anyway they deserve it, i dont know why but they just do
  27 Apr 06 09:16 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
revolt
15 Posts

Ignore User
it's about having a sense of control over your inviorment and adding color into our drabby cityscapes and sending a message to the public, a good stencil/piece/poster makes you think!
  12 Jun 06 08:17 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
graftaUGS
55 Posts
worcester
Ignore User
revolt wrote:
it's about having a sense of control over your inviorment and adding color into our drabby cityscapes and sending a message to the public, a good stencil/piece/poster makes you think!

i agree wiv dis bt i wnt to add to it by sayin once uve gt sumfin put up on a wall or in ur blackbook it feels so gt n its like ur addicted to graf for eva
  03 Oct 06 01:49 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
raek2
14 Posts
Nashville
Ignore User
stylewars: eBay.
  21 Oct 06 01:55 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
SARS
20 Posts
Glasvegas
Ignore User
Some people say to get a message across ; i dont have a message to get across.
So i just bomb 'cuz i enjoy it.
  21 Oct 06 04:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: What makes graff artists tick?
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
Alternatively, you could watch the whole of Style Wars here.
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest