[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
FAQ: whats the point in graff??????????? ( [Expand] [RevSort] )
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
  17 Jul 04 03:20 PM | Edit Reply | whats the point in graff???????????
sharp3d
97 Posts

Ignore User
what is the point in graffiti? its just going 2 get washed off,it costs alot of money,and it is illegal and makes the community look dirty and horrible

17 Jul 04 05:04 PM | Edit Reply | idiot
rateone
61 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
shut up!what is the point in joining a GRAFF forum 2 say that?
  17 Jul 04 09:35 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
zeal
216 Posts
brum/notts
Ignore User
Posted by FORUMPOLIS:what is the point in graffiti? its just going 2 get washed off,it costs alot of money,and it is illegal and makes the community look dirty and horrible

y come on hear then? fuck of if you dont like it
  17 Aug 04 02:25 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
TAME1
63 Posts

Ignore User
hmmmmmmm...let me think about it.
it makes alot offf fun,connects ppl all around the world and ppl who re not into graff are afraid offf cos they dont see the point.by the way m8 there is a crew in germany called tnc.they re doin trains son.....
  17 Aug 04 02:56 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
Bert
215 Posts
ATM TNC
Ignore User
Posted by ERNST:hmmmmmmm...let me think about it.
it makes alot offf fun,connects ppl all around the world and ppl who re not into graff are afraid offf cos they dont see the point.by the way m8 there is a crew in germany called tnc.they re doin trains son.....

that cunts not in the glasgow tnc,just incase any1 thinks otherwise..

tnc.
  17 Aug 04 03:06 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
press1
122 Posts
slobville
Ignore User
wat is the point in being a ned ask yourself that........ it is a hundred times more pointless than graff.... and graff is an art form. i recommend this site to help you on wat is the point in a ned question http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/gallery/gallery.html

17 Aug 04 05:34 PM | Edit Reply | whats the point in graff???????????
JODES1
265 Posts
edinburgh
Ignore User
whats the point in graff, i thought that was simple to express in urban art form,and to make your area look more colorful

what the question is dane is why does sharp waste is time on coming to this site to piss people of your a proper fanny. Quout "whats the point in graff" why come on.

etic[Edited by etnic on 17 Aug 04 05:36 PM][Edited by etnic on 17 Aug 04 05:39 PM]
  17 Aug 04 05:34 PM | Edit Reply | whats the point in graff???????????
JODES1
265 Posts
edinburgh
Ignore User
whats the point in graff, i thought that was simple to express in urban art form,and to make your area look more color form

what the question is dane is why does sharp waste is time on coming to this site to piss people of your a proper fanny. Quout "whats the point in graff" why come on.

etic[Edited by etnic on 17 Aug 04 05:37 PM]
  17 Aug 04 10:11 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
ELP
1138 Posts

Ignore User
Posted by sharptnc:what is the point in graffiti? its just going 2 get washed off,it costs alot of money,and it is illegal and makes the community look dirty and horrible

if you have to ask this question don't even try to be a part of the scene.
  26 Dec 04 01:59 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
dhq
81 Posts
???
Ignore User
the point in graff is that you can make the place look a mess and leave your marks. my tag is jack6d
  27 Dec 04 07:18 AM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
Azer
9 Posts
Melbourne
Ignore User
fuck the police
  03 Jan 05 04:36 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
ore
223 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
Posted by Azer:fuck the police
cum on wot if the polis is a guy, dont wanna fuk him unless ur a arse trojan
  06 Jan 05 07:36 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
dhq
81 Posts
???
Ignore User
why waste your time in asking us that
  06 Jan 05 10:04 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
thahype
117 Posts
glasge
Ignore User
you - are - a - cunt
  27 Apr 06 09:23 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
revolt
15 Posts

Ignore User
the point is it is taking back public space from the greedy corperations of the world that pollute our eyes with advertising everywhere we go, what do you think looks better? A beautiful piece, flowing with colors and giving life to a forgotten wall, or a stupid billboard, hurting your eyes and demanding that you spend you hard-earned money on some more fast food so you can get fatter and fatter and not worry about the abuse our governments dish out, as long as they can keep you focused on getting that nre i-pod you just saw in an ad.
  27 Apr 06 09:23 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
revolt
15 Posts

Ignore User
sorry, "new i pod" when i get going i don't pay too close attention
  27 Apr 06 10:11 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
kore1
37 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
i fully agree with wot revolt sed
well said mate!
  25 May 06 02:35 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
revolt
15 Posts

Ignore User
thanks, i may not speak for everyone but that's why i graf, becuase siociety gets to a point to where that's the only you can really get a point across, by putting it out there for everyone to see.
  29 May 06 08:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
thedaddy
80 Posts
GLASGOW
Ignore User
revolt wrote:
thanks, i may not speak for everyone but that's why i graf, becuase siociety gets to a point to where that's the only you can really get a point across, by putting it out there for everyone to see.

thank fuck you dont speak for everyone you can barely speak for yourself
  12 Jun 06 08:07 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
graftaUGS
55 Posts
worcester
Ignore User
graffiti can be used in many ways, to get somthing across to da people in socity or to get ur rep up or even just for fun n the addrenaline rush
  28 Dec 06 12:10 AM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
Walrus
140 Posts
Edinburgh
Ignore User
Cause it looks cooler than advertisement.

____________ "get off ur arse an go out paintin" -Tick Tock
  28 Dec 06 01:31 AM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
killslay
100 Posts
The Shire
Ignore User
because it looks better than a manky old plain wall. It also sends a message that the government has less control over us than they or some of us think.
  28 Dec 06 03:39 AM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
gettinup
161 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
i do it because i enjoy the thought of people looking at it and thinkin "man, who are the people who do this? when do they do it? i never see them but theres always graffiti!!!"

graffiti is expressive, it can be beautiful, political, both or neither, it is whatever you want it to be and theres nothing else like it in the world.

most definately "fuck the government, theyll never stop graffiti. ever."

peace
  29 Dec 06 05:44 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
Nosk1
43 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
well sed man. the guy hoo started this thred is a bit of a dick
  29 Dec 06 06:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
enreakoAJ
108 Posts

Ignore User
yeez are a bunch of arse bandits.
  29 Dec 06 11:34 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
I think anyone putting that many question marks in a single sentence isn't intelligent enough to grasp abstract concepts anyway, so we're pretty much wasting our time on him.

However, the rest of you might be vaguely interested in what I think.

Graf is a way of thinking. When I look at flat public surfaces, I see a canvas, somewhere I can write. Where before there was concrete, grey with pollution, there's now a piece.

Tags are to me almost like, as silly as it will sound, urban bird watching. It's fun for me to see who's been here, where else they've been. It makes the place feel alive. Tags and pieces get buffed, but new ones appear, it feels like a healthy balance between obeying authority whilst also not kowtowing totally.

When I hold a full can of paint in my hand, it's like holding the power to say whatever I want and be heard. It's a very powerful feeling.

I like the art of it, but also the power of words that it provides. Let's just say I'm planning a few things..
  30 Dec 06 08:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
bombingsbest
13 Posts

Ignore User
because you do it once for a laugh. then your addicted and can never ever stop. thats why
  30 Dec 06 08:25 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
OTD
212 Posts

Ignore User
I just noticed the statement "it makes the community look dirty and horrible".

This is an entirely subjective opinion. Graffiti done well looks fantastic and I've spoken to many people, both old and young, including people over sixty and they agree.

You may not like it, but I don't like all the billboards advertising the latest crappy American comedy, or telling me how I should wear whatever new cheap-ass fragrance from Lynx.

Advertising makes the community look dirty and horrible.
  30 Dec 06 08:30 PM | Edit Reply | RE: whats the point in graff???????????
jamesm
146 Posts
?????
Ignore User
sharp3d......i hope you are one day identified by the teeth marks on my dick...fuck off and find something usefull to do
  31 Dec 06 10:56 AM | Edit Reply | whats the point in graff???????????
Feno
180 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
gettinup wrote:
i do it because i enjoy the thought of people looking at it and thinkin "man, who are the people who do this? when do they do it? i never see them but theres always graffiti!!!"

graffiti is expressive, it can be beautiful, political, both or neither, it is whatever you want it to be and theres nothing else like it in the world.

most definately "fuck the government, theyll never stop graffiti. ever."

peace

normal people look at graffiti and usually think "wankers" if everyone was all "wow so cool" about graff people wouldn't need to be anonymous.

I just noticed the statement "it makes the community look dirty and horrible".

This is an entirely subjective opinion. Graffiti done well looks fantastic and I've spoken to many people, both old and young, including people over sixty and they agree.

You may not like it, but I don't like all the billboards advertising the latest crappy American comedy, or telling me how I should wear whatever new cheap-ass fragrance from Lynx.

Advertising makes the community look dirty and horrible.

i douubt the old people around my area would agree. i mean when needs spray AYT No 1 on yer windowi think you can let them have a grudge against graffiti. People like graffiti if that particukar piece is amazing. a bunch of tags on a bus stop and no one will like it.
[Edited by Feno on 31 Dec 06 10:57 AM]
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
Pages: 1 2 »  
duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest