Search Results: 8 Messages
Announcements: london based artist needed
  09 Jan 04 02:20 PM | Edit Reply | london based artist needed
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
anyone in london?
we're looking for someone to teach a few young people in camden who want to get involved in graffiti and teach other kids how to spray.
late Jan early Feb.
we provide materials.
contact shiri on shiri@riseup.net or 07715 122762

Graffiti: london based artist to work with kids
  09 Jan 04 02:18 PM | Edit Reply | london based artist to work with kids
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
anyone in london?
we're looking for someone to teach a few young people in camden who want to get involved in graffiti and teach other kids how to spray.
late Jan early Feb.
we provide materials.
contact shiri on shiri@riseup.net or 07715 122762

Graffiti: crimwatch uk
  14 Dec 03 02:07 PM | Edit Reply | street art for young pople in london
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
sure. my email is: shiri@riseup.net and everybody who is interested in helping setting up a group for young people who are into graffiti and street art in general is very welcome to email me with suggestions, tips etc and also to take part. girls are especially welcome.
I can't tell what exactely is going to happen next because i need to see how much cooperation i can get from other organizations but i think there are good chances we could get something going as i had really good responses for my other project and my bosses wanted to appoint me as a graffiti expert (haha) and a consultant to youth projects in london so let's see.....

13 Dec 03 11:36 PM | Edit Reply | RE: shiri
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
Posted by dumbasszane:i know the ingestre road near acland burghley school, tufnell park. do you write?

i don't write myself (though have tried and it's well fun) but i work with young people and as i said loads of them are into graffiti and would like to learn how to do it properly. I probably have another project coming soon on another estate in kentish town (not sure) and actually thought about organizing a pan-london group of young people who are into graffiti to do some workshops, activities etc and get the suits realize that that what people are really into.
any suggestions? know anyone that will be interested? best from camden but can be from all over london as i am quite well networked all over the place .

10 Dec 03 06:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: yo shiri
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
Posted by dumbasszane:Shiri, where in camden are you based? like where was your project??

i have worked on the Ingestre Road estate with some young people and organized a piece with the help of an artist from Zap. will peobably be doing another project at the beginning of the year around Kentish Town.

23 Nov 03 05:30 PM | Edit Reply | the way they work
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
I'm doing some work with young people in london and all they want to do is proper graffiti! anyway as I had to fight the local authority to let the kids do their stuff i found that piece of study on the net. amazing to see how easy it is to prove that 'cleaning' graffiti is an impossible and stuid mission and on the other hand what happens when you let people do it properly.
here's the link: http://www.graffiti.nsw.gov.au/cpd/graffiti.nsf/pages/myrckabc
by the way, since i've done the first project with kids down here, people keep asking me to do more. i think i managed to get camden to change their mind![Edited by shiri on 23 Nov 03 05:31 PM][Edited by shiri on 23 Nov 03 05:32 PM]

Announcements: graffiti project with London kids
  25 Aug 03 03:33 PM | Edit Reply | graffiti project with London kids
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
Hi everyone,
I'm working with a bunch of young people in camden and we're looking for some help with a graffiti project we're doing in September.
it took me ages to get premission to do it (had to fight really hard but now Camden is looking into changing regulation regarding greffiti!) and we want it too look heavy! can anybody help us? you don't have to be a teacher (I'm not!) or anything, just come over once or twice to show the kids your design, give them some advice and maybe help spraying on site.
you can contact me here or through she_reex@revert.com
cheers.

Miscellaneous: graffiti project with Camden kids
  25 Aug 03 03:22 PM | Edit Reply | graffiti project with Camden kids
shiri
8 Posts
London
Ignore User
Hi everyone,
I'm working with a bunch of young people in camden and we're looking for some help with a graffiti project we're doing in September.
it took me ages to get premission to do it (had to fight really hard but now Camden is looking into changing regulation regarding greffiti!) and we want it to look heavy! can anybody help us? you don't have to be a teacher (I'm not!) or anything, just come over once or twice to show the kids your design, give them some advice and maybe help spraying on site.
you can contact me here or through she_reex@revert.com
cheers.

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest